We are trying a new episode format. Tweet your feedback to Sam (@theSamParr).
On this episode, you'll hear clips from successful entrepreneurs like Steve Jobs, Mark Cuban, and Travis Kalanick. Sam breaks down some of their stories and shares why startups aren't overnight successes. Not to be discouraging, this episode normalizes the struggles entrepreneurs go through working their way to success.
* Want to be featured in a future episode? Drop your question/comment/criticism/love here: https://www.mfmpod.com/p/hotline/
* Support the pod by spreading the word, become a referrer here: https://refer.fm/million
* Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion and join thousands of other entrepreneurs and founders scheming up ideas.
* (1:02) Intro to episode
* (5:56) Tim Westergren on Pandora's origins
* (7:56) Sam's commentary
* (10:48) Vlad Magdalin on Webflow's struggles
* (12:44) Sam's commentary
* (13:45) Steve Jobs on Passion
* (14:27) Sam's commentary
* (18:46) Tim Westergren's speech
* (19:54) Sam's commentary
* (20:52) What drove Vlad to keep trying
* (22:13) Sam's commentary
* (24:04) Chris Sacca on Travis Kalanick's competitiveness
* (25:09) Sam's commentary
* (26:43) A story about Travis' first business
* (27:13) Sam's commentary
* (29:19) Marc Cuban on focusing
* (29:53) Sam's commentary
* (34:21) What drives Chamath
* (36:12) Episode close