Trung Phan (@TrungTPhan) -- lead writer for The Hustle -- interviewed hedge fund legend Stanley Druckenmiller on May 11. Widely regarded as one of the greatest investors ever, Druckenmiller famously made $1 billion in a single trade shorting the British Pound in 1992.
Sam (@theSamParr) has a brief intro chat with Trung before transitioning into the 40-minute Druckenmiller Q&A, which covers: 1) the parallels between now and the Dot-com bubble; 2) the appeal of Bitcoin; 3) the first Big Tech firm likely to reach a $5T valuation; 4) what makes a great investor; and 5) Druckenmiller’s investment in fintech startup Toggle AI (which set up the interview).
* Want to be featured in a future episode? Drop your question/comment/criticism/love here: https://www.mfmpod.com/p/hotline/
* Support the pod by spreading the word, become a referrer here: https://refer.fm/million
* Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion and join thousands of other entrepreneurs and founders scheming up ideas.
* (8:25) Lessons from the Dot-com Bubble
* (17:40) What’s the first Big Tech company likely to reach a $5T valuation?
* (19:25) What’s the biggest risk to the equity markets?
* (21:55) What are the long-term effects of the Wall Street Bets saga?
* (24:20) How he uses Toggle AI in his investing process
* (26:50) What makes a great investor?
* (35:20) What is the appeal of Bitcoin?
* (42:20) His thoughts on Dogecoin
* (44:20) Advice for 20-year olds