Shaan (@ShaanVP) interviews Ramon Van Meer (@ramonvanmeer) on his journey to selling his blog. Ramon has never seen a soap opera. Yet somehow, he built the most popular soap opera blog on the planet - and was raking in millions per year! Today's conversation is about how he got the idea and flipped a $49 WordPress theme into a multi-million dollar payday.
* Want to be featured in a future episode? Drop your question/comment/criticism/love here: https://www.mfmpod.com/p/hotline/
* Support the pod by spreading the word, become a referrer here: https://refer.fm/million
* Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion and join thousands of other entrepreneurs and founders scheming up ideas.
* (7:32) Who is Ramon van Meer?
* (10:50) Why Ramon decided to focus on soap operas
* (16:25) Ramon's mindset while building his business
* (21:31) How Ramon built a 350k mailing list with quizzes
* (30:00) How Ramon comes up with ideas for businesses
* (35:30) The moments Ramon thought he would fail
* (39:55) Why did Ramon decide to sell?