In this episode Shaan (@ShaanVP) and Sam (@theSamParr) debate the merits of owning and operating a direct-to-consumer e-commerce business. Shaan breaks down some of the basic ins-and-outs you should look for with ad spends and purchase multipliers. They also discuss the state of economy and whether or not we are in a bubble (or rather, many bubbles), a new NFT project called Loot, the recent raises of Whoop and Allbirds, and Sam's friends Bitcoin gamble.
* Want to be featured in a future episode? Drop your question/comment/criticism/love here: https://www.mfmpod.com/p/hotline/
* Support the pod by spreading the word, become a referrer here: https://refer.fm/million
* Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion and join thousands of other entrepreneurs and founders scheming up ideas.
* The Everything Bubble: https://blog.ftx.com/blog/the-everything-bubble/
* (2:06) Back to school
* (2:39) A psychedelic story
* (10:23) The story that lead to a breathwork app
* (17:40) An event better than SoulCycle
* (19:32) The ranch retreat for deeper connections
* (26:32) The 2018 Bitcoin gamble
* (32:06) The Everything Bubble
* (40:35) Loot - 10 words of gibberish
* (42:40) Thoughts on Whoop's recent round & Allbirds S-1
* (47:58) Why DTC companies are awesome
* (56:31) Shaan's award show