There are entrepreneurs quietly generating six figures working part-time in the vending machine business. Others have been able to scale to multi-million and even multi-billion-dollar figures in the industry. Shaan (@ShaanVP) and Sam (@TheSamParr) break down the vending machine industry with tons of numbers and exactly how some are pulling it off. The guys transition from a "boring" business to high-tech ones as they break down how Vimeo went from a College Humor project to competing with YouTube and earning an $8b valuation. They also talk about a trendy new pod that generated 500k downloads on its first day and they brainstorm on a fun concept: ghost kitchens for gifts.
* Want to be featured in a future episode? Drop your question/comment/criticism/love here: https://www.mfmpod.com/p/hotline/
* Support the pod by spreading the word, become a referrer here: https://refer.fm/million
* Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion and join thousands of other entrepreneurs and founders scheming up ideas.
* (5:55) How Vimeo became an $8b company
* (14:26) The next big social app?
* (25:45) The millions to be made in vending machines
* (41:35) Ghost kitchens for gifts
* (53:00) Post-podcast free talk