We start this one off with a little "Inside MFM" from Shaan (@ShaanVP) and Sam (@TheSamParr) as they discuss growing the pod and how they are going to do it. Then they break down the big news of the week: the Coinbase IPO. They talk about Coinbase's humble origins on HackerNews and how most big businesses have these same origins. It's often hard to see the big picture in the early days. They also talk about their own early days and give advice to young entrepreneurs. The second half of the pod turns into a brainstorm. They brainstorm around indie businesses like Microacquire and Photopea and how to build similar businesses. Finally, we end it by discussing the opportunities around "Affirm for X".
* Want to be featured in a future episode? Drop your question/comment/criticism/love here: https://www.mfmpod.com/p/hotline/
* Support the pod by spreading the word, become a referrer here: refer.fm/million
* Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion and join thousands of other entrepreneurs and founders scheming up ideas.
* (0:24) Growing the podcast: how we're going to do it
* (9:02) The guys break down the Coinbase IPO
* (20:25) Big businesses are often not apparent at the beginning
* (25:26) Advice for young entrepreneurs
* (33:55) Microacquire dissected
* (40:55) An indie project making million
* (52:17) Brainstorm "Affirm for X"